Friday, March 18, 2011

week 8: lighting and color

This is my original copy. I took this picture on my wedding day of the lake from where we got married.
This is my edited copy. I increased the blue and then lightened it to take away the storm cloud, dreary feel. Then I adjusted the color curves by going up in hightness, brightness, down in midtone contrase and down in shadows. I also increased the hue and saturations.

This is my original copy.
This is my edited copy. I removed the color making it black and white. I brightened the photo a little bit. Increased the shadows a tad, decreased the midtone contrast and increased the highlights. Then I adjusted the hue to 25%. Increased the saturation and brightness. I think That her eyes really stand out now and her features are more clear due to dark outlines.


2 comments:

  1. Amanda, great job with your photos. Your first edited version really gives a calming effect to it. I also really love your black and white version! Black and white seems so classy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Amanda. I like how you make a dark sky blue! Grey skies are too dreary. The second photo is very neat. I wonder if you could manipulate the photo so that her blue eyes were the only color in the picture....wow they would pop out more then...she is a beautiful little girl. Looks like you are getting to know PS more too...it is fun. Nicely done....!!

    ReplyDelete