Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Week 7: Copy using photoshop




The first two pictures are my originals. I just randomly took a picture of my couch and one of my daughters dolls. They were both 16.7% so I did not have to resize them. I then made the duplicate layer of both photos and moved the locked ones to the trash bin.

The first edited picture I used the magnetic lasso tool to outline the doll and place him on the couch. The second edited picture I used the rectangle marquee tool to form a rectangle shape (using the couch) to form the base of a fictional skateboard. Then, I used the magic wand to form the four tires (using the base of the lamp).

I thought it was really neat how the doll looked like a real sized person sitting on the couch due to the same sized photographs (16.7%). I actually fooled around after and made the doll photo smaller to see what it would do and it still made the doll the same size as the photo in which i was placing it on. Weird. I wonder why it does that....


1 comment:

  1. This came out very well, Amanda, I'm glad you were able to figure out these tools and make such professional works. The sizing of the doll really adds to this photo as it makes one do a double take thinking it's a real person '-)

    ReplyDelete