Friday, February 11, 2011

Week 3: Collage

While my camera was in "macro" mode, I ventured through my mother's house snapping photo's of some of her belongings. I used different settings, for different photographs as well. Some of the settings included: Snow (shoot whitish scene with high brightness), Twilight Portrait (shoots portraits in low light with flash), Auto and Soft Snap (shoot subject with soft background).There is a photo of a crystal egg, flowers from the top, side and bottom, a vase, a crystal sculpture (my favorite picture because shadow forms the object due to the white on white contrast), a olf kettle, a fake tree, dead flowers, a wooden cross, sand, candle, glass, window with shades, a fan, a cat, my daughter, fireplace tools and chinese statues.


A Day In The Home Of The Brousseau's


8 comments:

  1. Amanda,
    I really like your collage. We share a lot of the same interest as far as taking photos is considered because we both capture our plants, children, animals, and our home. I like how your collage is set...and what a gorgeous little girl she is!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, the cut glass jumps off the page as do your daughter's eyes. You have some really beautiful pieces, the kettle makes me feel warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this shot all the different angles used to shoot the pics was good but when I look at your objects I think oh, more stuff that collects dust to be cleaned lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed all of the contrast in your photos. You really captured nice colors and angles in your collage!

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took some pictures at my parents house to. It seems like they always have a bunch of weird stuff to that would make an interesting picture. I like the wooden object that looks like a propeller it made for a cool picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the very classic setting of your collage. Then the simply girl in the bottom. Way to throw a twist in.

    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Job Amanda. I like how you angled the photos in your collage, gives it a unique view. I like the glass window and the crystal. What girl doesn't like things that sparkle. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone, I am glad you enjoyed it. Cant wait to do week 4's assignment i have some good ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete