Monday, February 7, 2011

Cold Wonder

 Photo 1: I took this photo from at an angle from a distance to capture the entire scene.
 Photo 2: I took this photo in zoom mode to allow you to see what the entire scene was made up of, up close.

I took several shots of these branches with these icicles on them and these were my
two favorite out of the bunch! I was unable to do the shots I wanted to due to the 10inches of snow that came the night before I took them; however, I believe these two capture the scene perfectly!

5 comments:

  1. These are very cool, I have always loved the way ice captures the light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Amanda...guess we both had the same idea with the ice type pictures. I like your photos as they show a very cold picture with so much ice formed on these objects...I like the close up picture. Will Spring ever come back to us...beginning to wonder with all this snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are greats picture, could you imagine how beautiful these would have been with some sun on them. Very clear nice, crisp photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The closer the better i think, for compositional purposes. The second one then is my fave. Ice almost takes the photo for you because it is so beautiful, but composing it so the lines are the most interesting is your challenge and you succeed

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone. I really hate winter but love the way icicles look. I can't wait for spring however. Glad you liked them.

    ReplyDelete