Sunday, April 24, 2011

Portraits

So, I took a couple really good portrait shots of myself and than put my memory card into the wrong slot and can't get it out... Therefore, I am stuck using some of my old photo's for this assignment. I found three different photo's that I really like because they all use different forms of a portrait shot and I see multiple tips used throughout all three of them as well.
This photo is using the rule of thirds. I also like how she is not looking at the camera lens directly kind of gets you wondering what it is her little eyes were caught up on. Her hands are also not clenched and positioned in a way that adds more of a story line to the photograph. Lastly, because I am just a little bit taller than my 22 month old daughter the photo was taken from more of an above angle rather than straight on.
This photo is yet again of my beautiful daughter. I really like how the background is so dark because it brings more focus to her face. She is looking straight into the lens which draws the viewer to her as well. She is not smiling which means her face brings a different emotion to the picture; therefore, her face also brings a different story line. I also think this image captures "catchlights". Her eyes in the photo definitely tell a story all in there own from the flash reflecting off them.
This photo is simple. My subject in this photo was not expecting me to take her picture at that very moment so she was relaxed and the photo is natural. I turned my camera so the picture was rotated and off center. One of her hands is holding a "prop" and she is focused on the prop which gave the viewers a story line. Her other hand is relaxed allowing her fingers to be natural looking and spaced apart. Once again I apologize for the "old" photo's; however, I think the photo's I chose work for this assignment anyways. I am going to attempt to take my tower apart to get my memory card back though...

1 comment:

  1. Too bad, Amanda, about your card being stuck. I am disappointed not to see some new shots, although these are good choices. If you do get it out in time feel free to email them to me, or post here and then email me to let me know so I'll look.

    ReplyDelete